Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday School’s Financial Advice

Words form our attitudes, and attitudes form our reality.

Life is an attitude. If you want to change your life, first change your words, which will turn change your attitude. The following are some common attitudes about money.

“I’ll never be rich” are the words of a person with a poor person’s attitude. The chances are he will struggle financially all his life. When a person says, “I’m not interested in money,” he actually drives money away from him. When we hear, “It takes money to make money,” we reply, “No, money begins with words, and words are free.” When someone says, “Investing is risky,” we reply, “Investing is not risky. Lack of financial education and listening to poor financial advice is risky.” Our words reveal a different perspective and a different attitude toward money and investing than someone with a poor person’s attitude.

Since money is knowledge, it follows that knowledge begins with words. Words are the fuel for our brains, and words shape our reality. If you use the wrong words, poor words, you will have poor thoughts and a poor life. Using poor words are the same as bad gasoline in a good car. The following are examples of how words affect us:

Words of a Poor Person
1. “I’ll never get rich.”
2. “I’m not interested in money.”
3. “The government should take care of people.”
4. “Money is the root of all evil.”
5. “Wala akong pera, I can’t afford it.”

Words of a Middle-Class Person
1. “I’ve got a high-paying, secure job.”
2. “My home is my biggest investment.”
3. “I’m investing in a well-diversified portfolio of mutual funds.”
4. “I know that.”
5. “I’m climbing the corporate ladder.”

Words of a Rich Person
1. “How can I afford it?”
2. “I use leverage.”
3. “I’m looking for good employees to work for me.”
4. “I’m looking for a cash-flowing hundred unit apartment houses to buy.”
5. “My exit strategy is to take my company public via IPO.”

Can you tell the difference between these words? What kind of reality does each set of words reveal? Repeating the lesson from Sunday school, “And the words became flesh.” We do become our words.

Question: What words will I use?
Answer: It depends on the financial future you want in your life.

Create Abundance 2020 Business Community is a community whose habitual language pattern is that of the rich. We guard our conversation through inspiration and empowerment.

If you are sick and tired of hearing negativity all around you, join us. Be with positive thinkers. Be with people who focus on the solution not the problem.

“Choose your words wisely for it may determine your financial future.”

Credits to the Conspiracy of the Rich by Robert Kiyosaki.

View author's profile: Coach DYLAN

Posted via email from Create Abundance 2020 Business Community

No comments: