Saturday, October 31, 2009

Top 10 Reasons Why I Quit The Rat Race


Effective 16 October 2009, I am officially out of the rat race. Here are my top 10 reasons why I quit the rat race:

Job Security. Job security is an obsolete idea. Several of my friends were laid off from their jobs. Since they are living in the illusion of job security, they find new jobs without thinking that it would happen to them AGAIN. For them, job is their only source of income to survive. But not for me.

I am lazy. People are naturally lazy. The only difference is that some do the things they want to do and some work very hard so that they would be able to do the things they want to do in the future. I am now building my pipelines that will give me unlimited income so I could do the things I want to do in the future like spending most of my time with my family.

Freedom. I choose to have financial freedom rather than financial security. Security and freedom are not the same. Having a job is a very secure way of making money. You know that in a certain time period, you are going to get a certain amount. But you just have to do whatever your boss wants you to do. As a business owner, you have the freedom to decide what you want to do.

Environment. I choose to be in a powerful environment. I choose to be with people who also want to succeed; people who care about my success; people who empower me and other people.

I am willing to fail. No matter how many failures I may encounter, I will never give up. The only real failure in life is the failure to try.

Growth. I want to grow mentally, emotionally, socially, spiritually, and financially. I want to learn more about investing rather than follow my boss to do what he wants me to do. I want to feel that I am great rather than feel that I am unworthy and powerless. I want to develop my network rather than look for more work. I want to feel that I am a leader who empowers. I want to be wealthy rather than be a corporate slave.

Income. I want to change my income pattern. I want to move from E quadrant to B and I quadrant.


Family. As I write this blog, my family still doesn’t know that I quit my job. Of course, they still worry about my future because we don’t have the same mindset yet. But soon they will understand me. I just did this for them. I want to fulfil their dreams. Because of urgency, I quit my job without any hesitation. My parents are not growing any younger. I just want to take action NOW. This is the fastest and legal way I know that will fulfil their dreams.

Dreams. I just have a very simple dream for my family. My first dream is to fulfil their dreams as soon as possible while they are still here. My second dream is to take part in making our country a first world nation. It may not happen in my lifetime, but this dream will still happen. I am proud to be a Filipino.

Purpose. My purpose in life is to be the best son and father that I can be, serve God, and empower my fellow Filipinos to rebuild our nation into a First World Country.

I am RY ZUNIGA, Core Team, now a full time entrepreneur. Because of Create Abundance 2020 Business Community, I learn, I believe, I act, I see, I feel.


“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” - Stephen A. Brennan

Posted via email from Create Abundance 2020 Business Community

No comments: