Monday, September 28, 2009

Self Made Millionaires vs. Team Made Millionaires by Dr. Mahdi Tolentino, Core Team

“In this Information Era, move in the path that makes you reach your goals faster and easier”

While talking to my Mentor and Coach in Finance, he pointed out the different people in the past who succeeded financially on their own. By learning and sacrificing many things. People like Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, etc. What took my attention were their ages, and the time they spent to reach that level of Financial Success! And suddenly I remembered my conversation with Mr. Lance Miller (See him in my album) the 2005 World Champion of Public Speaking.

“How long it took you time to win this title?” I asked at the lunch table. He replied; “13 years!”. Shockingly I asked “thirteeeeeeeeeen years?”

And he said “yes, because I learned everything by myself. I wasn’t coached and never attended any classes on this subject. I practiced and joined the competition by myself and failed and learned more…”

Compared to the 2007 World Champion of Public Speaking, who became an inspiration to many new Public Speakers, it took Mr. Miller (though he is still my favorite speaker among the champions in the past 25 years) 9 more years to win the title. Searching for the reason behind success of this new Champion; I found out that he had surrounded himself with different people expert in the field. He simply gathered A TEAM!

Same goes in Finance and Business nowadays. In this fast changing era when everyday new information and technologies being publicized; an individual Entrepreneur has a higher chance of succeeding if he joins forces with other experts than competing against them. Remember in today time, the faster you get to your desired results the better you are, and then the titles follow.

Based on the people whom I studied I have put them in comparison (and you may add more) see illustration above.

And as you can see, there are companies starting merging together; though they competed against each other in the past. Sample of those in our country are banks (like BDO and Equitable!)

Therefore one of the reasons I suggest people in joining communities such as CA2020.net is to provide the potential of creating the Team that helps them winning the money game, faster and easier.

So, you still want to go solo or join us?


Posted via email from Create Abundance 2020 Business Community

No comments: